Trouble installing modules

Hello. I’ve recently installed Glyphs version 2.6.1 (1230) on my Mac Book Pro running Mac OS Mojave version 10.14.6. And according to help(), I’m running Python 2.7.

When I click on Install Modules within Preferences/Addons, I get an error window saying “The modules could not be installed. Could not load the modules.”

Searching on this forum, I saw that the modules could be installed manually. While the Scripts folder already contained the vanilla folder (as well as fontTools and robofab), I tried reinstalling the vanilla library by downloading it from GitHub as explained on another post. But I get this error:

What am I doing wrong? Please advice. I searched through other posts on the forum around this topic but didn’t see any with that error message I got.

Thank you,

gaston.

The modules are installed. But maybe it has an old version. Can you delete the folders from the Scripts folder and install again?

Success. I deleted all three libraries and closed the app. Then upon restart, it asked me to install them and did so correctly. Thank you!

1 Like