TTFStems deltas and DirectWrite

Seems the deltas specified in TTFStems have no impact in DirectWrite? Is this a bug, or unavoidable, or intentional? I just spent a long time figuring out why it does not seem to work “any more” (because my testing environment has changed, not because Glyphs has changed).

I definitely need them in DirectWrite as well, otherwise there are px sizes in which the Regular and Bold have the same y thickness and they become almost impossible to distinguish. So, for me, controlling the stem thicknesses at each px size is crucial. In the Regular and Bold, the jumps to the next px thickness should be fairly synchronised.

Zone deltas work in DirectWrite, and normal point-based deltas also work. Why not TTFStems deltas?

In DW, stems are rounded to a quarter or a fifths of a pixel. So the difference from the original outline is quite ab bit less. Stem deltas are meant to just the much stronger rounding in ClearType. So at least it needs different deltas for CT and DW.
Can you show me some use case?

As I said, the use case is when at certain sizes, the Regular and Bold have the same y thickness and they become almost impossible to distinguish. I will send you some files.

You can try that out in the free VTT software, Ctrl-D to select rasterizer flavor, then a right-click delta will be for that rasterizer only. Is that functionality built into Glyphs as well?

Also, I noticed some cases in which the standard stem thickness was different in CT and DW for certain sizes. Seems like something is going wrong?

In my case, in DW, the bold e at 16px is clogged-up (the stems are 2 px thick) so it needs a delta, but in CT, the stems are only 1px so a delta does not make sense. What am I supposed to do?