Two unicodes for uppercases

I dont know why, the uppercases appear to have 2 unicodes, one is the actual uppercase glyph and the other is for the lowercase (see screen) and when try to edit the lowercases, it opens the uppercase. Is there any way to fix this without deleting them by hand?

Thanks a ton

Using the Update Glyph Info option doesn’t work.

If you don’t have lower case for that letter, Glyphs will assign the Unicode of the lowercase to the uppercase.

1 Like

IOW, simply add the lowercase (most easily done by adding them through the Font view sidebar), and updating glyph info once more.

More about the topic:
https://glyphsapp.com/tutorials/creating-an-all-caps-font

1 Like

Thanks guys, I understand that, but I use the lowercases as alternates… I fixed it by hand.

What does that mean?

it’s an all caps rough/distressed font so we defined the lowercases as a variation on the distressed :slight_smile:

I still do not understand what the problem is. Select all and update glyph info as described, and the uppercase will get uppercase codepoints, and the lowercase will receive lowercase codepoints.

What version of Glyphs do you have? On some point there was a bug that the double unicode would not be removed if the lowercase was added later.

That’s what happened. I’ve fixed manually. Thanks anyway