Unable to save version 2 after creating intermediate/alternate layer on G3

Per title, on G3 cutting edge. When I create one in G2 and open the file in G3 I can save as normal.

Can you show a screenshot of the layer panel for that glyph?

These are alternate layers created in G3:
Screenshot 2021-05-06 at 10.18.28

As soon as I save with this configuration I’m presented with this:Screenshot 2021-05-06 at 10.16.01

These instead were created with G2 and give no problem on G3 when saving in format 2:
Screenshot 2021-05-06 at 10.18.35 Screenshot 2021-05-06 at 10.21.04

Can you send me that file?

1 Like

The file you send me was a Glyphs 2 file that was saved from Glyphs 3. So it seems to be working.

Yeah sorry I sent the wrong file. I’m sending a new one now, dollar intermediate were created with g2 and dollar .tf with g3. As soon as I made the latter and went to save a g2 file the dialog above was displayed.

I am faced with the same issue when trying to save to G2 format. Any quick ways to fix it?

Can you send me that file?

Sent.

You have alternate rules on master layers in the “Schwa”. That can’t be stored in a v2 file.

But that doesn’t seem to be a particularly good idea. For this glyph, as far as I can see, the structure doesn’t change so it is usually better to use intermediate masters to control the details.
And I would remove the values from the layers that are “0<wg<850” as that is the default range. And you don’t need to add the value for the in max. So I would it set up like this:

Screenshot 2021-11-17 at 20.30.01

1 Like

It is my first project working on G3 and the Alternate layers gave me a bit of a headache. I will try your fix.

@GeorgSeifert by the way there seems to be something fundamentally broken with remove overlap in 3.0.4 (3099). This is an example of an H that I opened all corners of the stems and then removed overlap and the result is not what G2 did, neither what I think is expected.

I see.
It should be find on export.