Unable to see the kerning imported from Metrics Machine

Hi guys! I’m used to take kerning from the UFO file made in Metrics Machine with copy paste in the Glyphs file but somehow this time I see the values in the kerning window but it’s not applied to the file and if I export OTFs files have no kerning either. Not sure why this happened.

Is there something I’m missing?

Running version 2.6.5

Thank you!

If the kerning might be attached to kerning classes that are not in the font.
Have you tried File > Import > Import Metrics? That can import the classes, too.

Yes! It works with Import! But then it still doesn’t work if I try copying from one glyph file to another. I kerned 2 extremes light and black, but my file has 3 masters with an interpolated and corrected Regular. So my plan was to attach the kerning from UFO to Glyphs file with 2 masters – and I did with Import (copy – paste didn’t work), generate a regular master and then copy paste the kerning. But now I have a 3 masters’ Glyphs file and I still can’t copy the kerning values to the original corrected file with 3 Masters. I hope this explanation makes sense… :smiley:

Can you send me the .glyphs files?Best to support (at) (this website without www). I will have a look.

Thank you Rainer! I’ll send them now.

I restated the app and it worked now… so maybe it was just tired. :slight_smile:
Thank you both for the quick reply!

1 Like