Using corner components for styling the end of a stem?

Currently I’m making a layered/color font that has a “cut” effect at the end of stems, for a ribbon effect.

I was able to successfully use a corner component to make the angle at the bottom of the T:

But, when I try to make a corner component for the two different shades of the T, I can’t get it to quite work. Below you can see the corner component on the blue part of the letter (the base T letter is shown on top with a black opacity):

I can get it almost there by messing with the scale of the corner, but it doesn’t quite line up with the angle. I’ve also tried the origin anchor, reversing contours, etc. This is expected since I’m not reallying using it how it was intended, but I still wanted to see if I could get it to work with corner components. I’d rather not use regular components. I like how corner components alter the shape of the letter instead of just merging a shape on top (regular component), if that makes any sense.

Can this idea work? What would you do that would be the most manageable way?

If you’re still wondering why I prefer to use corner components:

If I use regular components, then I’d also have to make a square corner component in addition to the slanted bottom component. This is because I don’t want to simply extend the bottom of the stem to add a slant — I want to move it up so that the letter doesn’t really fall below the baseline so much.

You might be able to get away with two corner components for the two different sizes, _corner.smallCut and _corner.bigCut. Consider keeping the bigger one as a component in the background of the smaller one, so you have a position reference.

Also, be aware of rounding problems in the middle, where they have to align. _corner.bigCut would have to have an even width and even height, so its center is exactly on the grid.