Variable font export (ttf) not compatible

Hello,

When I try to export as a variable font file (ttf file), an error message pops up saying a large number of my glyphs are not compatible.

My enforce compatibility check is on, and I also have view master compatibility on. I’m using glyphs version 3.1.2. I’m not sure what I’m missing?

Thank you,
Elaina

Try the latest beta please. Go to Glyphs > Preferences > Updates, activate both checkboxes and press the Update button.

Sorry, I’d like to be able to do that, but I also have to perform the export on my assigned university lab computer. Which I believe needs to match the version on my personal Mac. The lab is also using the 3.1.2 version, I don’t have privileges to update the lab glyph version at the university. Would it be possible to share my file with you to see if it works in the beta version, without changing my glyphs version?

Do you have outside self overlaps,

Can you post a screenshot of all masters of one of the glyphs?

Could you send me that file?

Okay, thank you! How would you like me to send it?

Put it in a private message or send it by email to support at this domain.

I could fix most glyphs by moving the mask shapes just after the main shapes. Cutting the gaps with the small strokes in between will generate a merged shape that is most likely not compatible.

Thank you I’m very excited that there is a fix to this, because I’m on a deadline. But I’m not sure I understand, would you be able to give me specific example for both moving the mask after the main shapes, and cutting the gaps with small strokes?

Hi thank you! I understand what you mean now, and I’m figuring out most of them. If I end up running into any more difficult ones can I collaborate with you?

I can have another look if needed.