Crashes in El Capitan

I haven’t noticed the scripts themselves running slow, but there’s often a short pause (two or three seconds) between me choosing the script and the script running. It’s similar to the way Finder on El Crapitan sometimes pauses for a few seconds.

To follow up on this for anyone following along, it wasn’t an El Capitan issue. Thanks for the help, Georg!

I’ve found that the El Capitan crash tends to occur when Glyphs is in the background, usually after I cmd+tab to a different application.

Last November I was sending each crash report from my work email account, but I stopped when I realized that that account is consider spam by support (at) glyph app [dot] com.

The crash reports are not effaced by the email address. The address is only for me to be able to contact you.

1 Like

A follow up on cmd+tab crashes. I’ve noticed that Glyphs crashes instantly when I hit cmd+tab, before the system switches applications.

Is there any fix for this?
I am sorry to say bu this feels to me unacceptable guys, how longer do you need to have a stable version on el capitan?

1 Like

Which version are you running? 848 runs pretty stable for me in OS X 10.11.3 (15D21).
Which plugins do you have installed?
Are you sending all the crash reports?
If you have consistent crashes with a specific file, can you send us that file?

Hi, I have the same problem,
I’m using 848 and it’s very unstable.
OSX 10.11.13

the plug-ins I’m using are:

• RMX tool
  • Speed Punk
  • Font Note
  • Glyph Note
  • Show Rotated
  • Show Siblings
  • Symmetry

crashes all the time, no matter the file.
I send the reports every time, Georg must hate me. hahaha

I don’t install the cutting edge versions, because sometimes some features don’t work as expected and that is very annoying. But when I finish the work I am doing now I will install the latest version.

@Natanael - Try installing the latest cutting edge version. You can always re-install your previous version after this.

1 Like

I’m running 848 and getting crashes often on save, close, etc.

Also on cutting edge (pretty much all the latest betas) especially and totally reproducible on closing files (unsaved). We send a lot of reports from our studio, hope you get them and can make something from it. Its super annoying. Wonder why you guys seem to not experience that. Can you see our OS in the reports? Do you need more information? Just let us know

There is a known problem with the way the system saves stuff. Try disabling this setting in the app preferences:

I have this disabled ever since. : )

Mine is disabled too.

I’ve had that vile feature disabled since Georg added the switch. Doesn’t make Glyphs any more stable.

When someone experience a recurring crash, It would be tremendously helpful if he/she could send me a screencast of it – and possibly the file. Describing something might miss a small detail that you do differently then me that makes it difficult to reproduce the crash.

Georg, you’re saying that I should record my screen full time (cause it happens all the time)?
it happens in all my files, should I send you all of them?

I have realized that when I try to close a window with an “autosaved” file created, the application crash. What I do to avoid that is to save the file before close it. “Autosave” is a great feature, I don’t mind continuing crashing Glyphs if fixing the bug means to eliminate “Autosave”.