Glyphs 2 Beta

Seems that Glyphs 2 has add a lot of tools.

I wonder what is “Add Cap” for?

There’s going to be a tutorial soon. A little patience please.

For some reason “set anchors” and “reset anchors” stopped working for diacritical marks. If the marks have already been set, the “reset anchors” removes them all together…

Is it me missing something or is it a bug?

Nope, I removed these when I realized that they seem to have minor trouble with components. All I got is MasterColor on one master, and on the instances: ShowInterpolation, familyName, sampleText, license, fileName and RenameGlyphs. Most of them basically just for testing the CP in general.

The default marks for diacritics in Glyphs 2.0 are now the combining marks. Use acutecomb instead of acute etc.

Thank you.
What about caron.alt - does it suppose to be working or there is another solution to add l caron, t caron etc?

It's called caroncomb.alt now.

thank you!

Are you planning on changing such entries as /breve-cy to /brevecomb-cy in the master data file or should we do those as user custom entries? Or should they not be renamed?

True, should be renamed to brevecomb-cy. Will fix that.

Odd path drawing behaviour: I’m holding shift+alt+command as I want to do an ‘interpolated dragging’ to the right but many points are showing up that it’s trying to align with.

Great to see the kerning indicators now are visible at smaller sizes! The yellow could be darker/more contrast; or eventually having user customisable color would be perfect.

I'll look into this. For now, either use the keyboard or select the curve segment and use the gray info box to scale it. Open the lock, put the cursor in the width field and hit the down arrow (faster with shift). Wouldn't a stronger color distract to much?

Looks like ‘make component glyph’ doesn’t work.

Note: Pasted old glyph in the background, then tried to make a component glyph.
Tried it in the glyph window and font window.

Do you mean Ctrl-Alt?
I guess it's a personal preference, but for me, if the color is too much, I'll just hit cmd+shift+m and turn it off, the color is for me to see where exactly I've already applied kerning, not just something subtle. --- When I tried to add a point to this part it's not adding a point but adding a handle and it's creating a weird kink at the bottom of my glyph. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJ7CFRvPxkw

That might be a issue with the color settings of your screen. For me the bars are quite obvious.

Can you send us the arrow glyph?

Just a heads-up…the Yosemite 10.10.3 public beta has screwed up the file selectors in Glyphs again.

Since they released Yosemite, every update/beta seems to break more things than they fix.

I don’t expect you to fix whatever they break every time they release a beta…just letting you know they did it.

Hi,

I ran across this predicament yesterday. If you export an UFO with ‘Convert Glyph Names…’ checked, the names in the Features doesn’t receive production names. They remain with the ‘nice’ naming.

When entering fullscreen mode, the tabs are not rendered. Cmd+Shift+[ and Cmd+Shift+] still work, though.

http://drp.mk/i/qF4K