Glyphs 2 Beta

Please Watch this video

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kfyikdfn3iq5sw9/glyphsappB.mp4?dl=0

You could say the same about "Add component", too. I just think it would fit well into the context menu. I usually need to search the menu in order to find this command so having it in the context menu would make things easier.
What version do you have?

Georg Seifert
Glyphs 2.0.0 is currently the newest version available.

Just as I posted my question I figured out what the problem is. Will fix it tomorrow.

I fixed it. fixed it. fixed that, too.

Two bugs:

1. Emptying an interpolation value field in Instance tab crashes instantly (G1 didn’t crash but half-froze).

2. Nudge-moving has become wrong compared to G1. It sometimes breaks off extreme nodes though it shouldn’t, and undoing and redoing changes the result sometimes (node position becomes fractional after redo). I can’t reproduce it, but when it happens, it happens constantly.

Hi,

Since the latest update of Glyphs 2.0.0 (633), there are some odd behaviors happening on the Edit Tab.

You can see in this video the following issues:

1- Odd behavior with Interpolated Nudge (when is pressed Control + Alt)
2- Round Corner filter is not working locally
3- Broad Nibber filter in not working

Thanks for reporting. The Nudge problem is a known issue.

Due to some internal changes, BroadNibber and Noodler do not work anymore in 633. Updates for the plugins will come soon.

fixed fixed fixed

Georg Seifert
Awesome work!

hi,

G2 Bug: - change names manually
(f.e. icons and private-use-area)

if change the name of a glyph in the ‘overview’, the unicode could change or get lost automatically. (E001/uniE001 -> somename/none)
if change the name on the bottom down the ‘list’ on the left, this doesn’t happen.

if this is not a bug, its an advance warning

thx

I can’t reproduce this. Where exactly do you change the name? can you send a screencast?

Glyphs 2 Macro panel no longer has input and output separately?

mmmhh… while making the screencast I also can’t reproduce it.

But I think it was something like set up a name that is reserved in unicode (f.e. plus), or drop the glyph out of the ‘private use area’ (which should be similar)

or (?)

thanks

Just noticed that “steal sidebearings” script doesn’t work in Glyph 2 :-/

Hello, i have Glyphs Version 2.0.0 (628). This morning i tried to install the newest update and it gave me an error (don’t want to run it again to see the error because of the next sentence :)). My colleague succeeded in installing the newest update and the program doesn’t want to load anymore. Any clues?

I just fixed it. Either get the old version from the Trash or re-download from glyphsapp.com/beta

Thanks. Fast as always :).

Please Watch this video