Glyphs version 3

I did understand you. What I meant was that you can duplicate your instances and in the second set, add a Save as TrueType parameter (and al the other settings you might need, (like Scale to UPM = 2048)

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a neat idea, I didnā€™t know that was possible. Still, I am, too, a great fan of the export profiles in FontLab ā€“ especially as it nicely sorts the exported fonts into folders by format. I really dislike having to manually order my TTFs, OTFs, webfonts, etc. every time I export. Batch-exporting and sorting them into respective folders would be tremendously useful. Just an idea :slight_smile:

1 Like

You could do that with a script that gets triggered by the DOCUMENTEXPORTED callback. I use that to autogenerate ttx dumps whenever I export a font.

1 Like

Thatā€™s what glyphsProject files are for. Saving location inside the source file is generally a bad idea.

BTW you can also sort automatically with a folder action.

1 Like

@BarryBianco Itā€™s a bit janky and hasnā€™t been tested a lot, but if you want to give it a try, Iā€™d be grateful for any feedback (will be updated with preference saving etc.):

2 Likes

Hello @mekkablue Iā€™d love to be a beta tester if thereā€™s still a spot available!

Iā€™m especially interested in higher-order interpolation, but any major Glyphs update is bound to get me excited.

Hello! I am a Glyphs user with an M1 Mac on the way. Iā€™d be interested in joining the beta test if possible. Thanks!

Hello! I would love to be Beta Tester! Could I join the Beta Program?

When upgrading glyphs 2 to glyphs 3, do you need to reinstall plugins and scripts previously installed on glyphs 2?

Yes. Do a clean install using the Plugin Manager.

Is it possible to run v2 and v3 side by side (with plugins etc) without having any problems? I guess they are two separate installs?

Yes. They are two separate installs.

2 Likes

Do Glyphs 3 files work with glyphsLib and fontmake? Terrified of breaking things when I upgrade.

Glyphs will keep the Glyphs 2 format for existing files. It may complain if you start using things that doesnā€™t fit into the old format. Iā€™ll try to keep compatibly as much as possible. And I hope we get glyphsLib updated for the new format. But that will take some time.

Have you announced the official release of Glyphs 3?

https://twitter.com/glyphsapp/with_replies

1 Like

Massive update. Congratulations on launching!

3 Likes

Yes, Chris. Glyphs 3 has officially been launched, earlier today. Hereā€™s the blog post about the new features, Glyphs 3: Make Things You Love.

1 Like

Thanks, Fred Astaire :wink:

1 Like

Thanks, Georg.