I do not want to necro-dump the topic Check OTF to see what languages are supported.
- I dislike Alphabet Type’s charset checker because I have to check every language, and every Unicode block. I want just to check Japanese, Korean and Mandarin, not different CJK Unicode blocks. It failed to detect Catalan’s letter ŀl, Dutch’s letters ĳ and Ĳ and German’s uppercase letter ẞ.
- I almost liked Underware’s font validation, but not. It detected uncommon Catalan, Dutch and German letters, Cyrillic and Greek letters, and rendered Greece, Russia, Ukraine and other countries that use Cyrillic alphabet orange, but it did not detect Chinese, Japanese and Korean ideograms and did not display China, Japan, and Korea orange.
- FontDrop is similar to Underware’s font validation.
- pyfontaine does not work due to a bug.
I want to find an alternative that:
- supports to load more 3 MB of a font size;
- detects the uncommon Catalan, Dutch and German letters;
- detects Cyrillic, Greek, Japanese, etc, not only Latin.