Install modules

At this point, I’m willing to pay someone (or send them type books!) to do a screen share to sort this. Thanks.

The only thing I can think of is that when you sign up for iCloud the desktop is somehow shared. Might this have blocked it? (Again, I reiterate, I am no techie.)

Upside: For the duration, I’m having to use FontLab. Reminds me how much more streamlined Glyphs interface is…

OK, I misunderstood this line:

“Open Terminal and type: cd ~/Desktop/vanilla-master/ ( ~ represents your home folder).”

You don’t intend me to change the tilde to the name of my home folder (which I did). So, one step further got me to the “permission denied” wall I got to before.

This page https://stackoverflow.com/questions/33669417/received-an-error-message-when-installing-beautiful-soup4-on-mac gave me the sudo line to force it to install - and it’s fixed! Hurrah!

Though I’m happy to be back working, any ideas what happened here? Why would a “permission denied” message appear on installation when no permissions have been changed? Thanks.

[Update: sorry, did not see your last post before, so you can safely ignore this.]

1. Drag the vanilla-master folder onto the Terminal icon in Dock. A new Terminal window opens.
  2. In it, paste the sudo line @brianbruggeman posted above, press the Return key to confirm the command, and enter the password when requested to do so. (Attention: Terminal does not display the typical password bullets.)

I’m sorry @RianHughes, i forgot to add that you have to press enter after each line.

Thanks for all the tips, I’m now sorted.