Interpolation Problems – Dekink

OK, thanks @GeorgSeifert! I’ve just went through the generated instances and it looks like I got kinks under control.

It would be really helpful if there was an option with which moving a BCP would skip the units that stray from the line angle like this:

In this example the BCP would jump from 0 to the 5th unit in one move (pressing the arrow down on the keyboard).

Something that would set a tight angle tolerance, and could be turned on or off. And maybe it could also work as a custom parameter.

That is why you shouldn’t have such small or shallow curves in the first place.

That’s not really an answer to my question @mekkablue. :grin:
And I believe my request here is really not unreasonable. I understand if you tell me it cannot be made. But if it could, it would certainly be useful to many users. I don’t like using shallow curves myself, but sometimes the design demands it. And designers are bound to push the shapes as well as the app to its limits.

And if you could make this work, I imagine it could also be used to improve auto-generated instances or add another option to the Dekink Script.

If you cannot avoid it, why not take a finer grid?

RMX de-ink as instance custom parameter was to much shape changing for me too.
Try this great solution of @Rui_Abreu Custom filter not working as custom parameter

1 Like

Thanks @jakob_runge, this looks very close to what I was looking for!

I did this approach when we did Neue Plak, basically We tried to avoid very small handle length as much as possible. Sometimes they would look broken when zoomed large, but they were very small and not worth insane scrutiny. More importantly, we kept the diagonal handle angles the same all the time.

1 Like

Yes, I have to fight my OCD to leave those tiny kinks be.

More importantly, we kept the diagonal handle angles the same all the time.

This is my point exactly @Tosche. I’m trying to find something that will make keeping the diagonal handle angles same – easier.

I’m curious to know @Tosche , did you set Rui’s filter as a Custom Parameter or just ran it like a regular filter where needed?

I developed a script that inserts diagonal nodes at the exact angles I wanted. Admittedly it gets insane to do this manually.

2 Likes

You see @mekkablue, my request is not so unreasonable. :grin:

1 Like

Fair enough :slight_smile:

1 Like