Looking for: Kerning tutoring

I “Love” kerning with Glyphs, it’s super intuitive but it’s so intuitive that sometimes I am not sure I am doing it right. Actually I know I am not doing it right because I spend a lot of time going back to fix things I thought were fixed.
I am hoping there are a few people out there like me who understand kerning but feel they would greatly improve their skills if only they could see/hear Rainer go through the process, show us a little demonstration of best practice and of do’s and don’ts. What do you say? Should we ask Rainer for a second zoom session? Go on!

5 Likes

If enough people are interested, we can do a Kerning Best Practice. Like last time, I can offer multiple time slots. This time though, it is constrained to Fri 5 March afternoon/evening CET and Sat 6 March morning/noon CET.

14 Likes

That could be great, I’d love to take that “class”!

I’m also interested!!! Friday 5th of March might be difficult but 6th would work better :smiley:

Saturday is great as well for me

Friday (afternoon/evening CET) would be better on this side of the pond. Yes, I am willing to wake up at 7am (MST) to listen to Rainer talk about kerning!

Will there be two sessions?

Oh no! OK, when can you get up on Saturday?

Perhaps @Mark wants to join too and talk about Kernkraft?

I can make it any time from 15 CET / 7 MST onwards.

Hi, I would love to hop onto this if it’s open for all?

yep! I would like to join too if I could :slight_smile:

Me too! I’d love to join :slight_smile:

That would be great

I’d like to join!

It is. The Zoom link will be published here in this thread.

3 Likes

/sub (as I still can’t figure out how to subscribe to threads in the new interface)

Great! I will try to join, too. Also: how about recording the session and making it available for those who can’t join?

2 Likes

Eh, sorry, didn’t see that. :man_with_probing_cane:

Cool, me too!