Looking for: Kerning tutoring

I’d like to join too!

This would be great (anytime)!

Count me in!

Mmh, is the link already published? I can’t see it …

Also interested in the Friday session!

That sounds super interesting! Can it be recorded and shared for people that can’t make it?

1 Like

I’m IN!!!
Anytime Saturday - I’ll make the time :slight_smile:

Thanks so much - kerning can be a hard nut to crack.

Okay, unfortunately my time on Saturday is limited this time, but I can offer my late afternoon on Friday. So here are the options:

Kerning in Glyphs 3: Zoom session

Please make sure you have:

• read the Kerning tutorial, and
  • installed the mekkablue scripts through Window > Plugin Manager > Scripts (requires the vanilla and Python modules).

Reserve approx an hour. I will show a suggested workflow for a Latin Sans, you can ask questions at any time. Zoom link will be published here a half hour before we start. Will hand out a demo file through the Zoom chat, so you can follow what I do on the screen.

Here are my possible time slots. Please pick all the time slots at which you can and would want to show up (multiple choices possible) and make sure you compare your time zone with CET (Central European Time). The time slot with the most votes wins.

Kerning: Zoom Session
  • 2021-03-04T23:00:00Z 15:00 CET
  • 2021-03-04T23:00:00Z 16:30 CET
  • 2021-03-05T23:00:00Z 13:30 CET

0 voters

If you are not sure about the time difference, try one of the many online tools available (e.g. Google or the TZ Converter), or ask Siri 'What time is it in Vienna?’

2 Likes

Also very handy: https://everytimezone.com/

Cool! Theoretically, there is a timezone calculator built into the forum software, but I can only make it work for dates of full days, not specific times :man_shrugging:. You can see it if you hover over the dates in the poll.

Your local times are:

2021-03-05T14:00:00Z

2021-03-05T15:30:00Z

2021-03-06T12:30:00Z

(I don’t want to edit the poll since I don’t know whether that resets the votes.)

3 Likes

Hmm, I am pretty sure I tried the syntax date=2021-03-06 time=13:30:00 when I was trying around. OK, will try again next time. Thanks!

OK everyone, due to the forum server downtime today, we could not connect in time. I therefore suggest to postpone by a week. Here is a new poll, please pay attention, it has slightly different times:

Kerning in Glyphs 3: Zoom session

Please make sure you have:

• read the Kerning tutorial , and
  • installed the mekkablue scripts through Window > Plugin Manager > Scripts (requires the vanilla and Python modules).

Reserve approx an hour. I will show a suggested workflow for a Latin Sans, you can ask questions at any time. Zoom link will be published here a half hour before we start. Will hand out a demo file through the Zoom chat, so you can follow what I do on the screen.

Here are my possible time slots. Please pick all the time slots at which you can and would want to show up (multiple choices possible). The time slot with the most votes wins.

Kerning: Zoom Session
  • 2021-03-12T14:00:00Z
  • 2021-03-12T16:00:00Z
  • 2021-03-13T14:00:00Z

0 voters

Hint: The possible times (Friday 3 and 5pm, Saturday 3pm CET) should be displayed in your timezone (thx Florian!). If you are unsure, hover your mouse over the times.
6 Likes

OK, the vote is in. See you March 12, 2021.

Check back here 10 minutes before for the Zoom link. I’ll pin the topic until tomorrow.

5 Likes

Will this be recorded for future reference? I may have work meetings at that time.

1 Like

I will try to record it, although I am not sure I have enough gas in my machine to last an hour. I’d rather leave it to someone more confident about making a screen cast.

1 Like

Recording the session would be greatly appreciated! I can’t join at the meeting and it would be really cool to watch it at any time.

4 Likes

Hey guys where is the zoom link?