Glyphs 3 changed the default collapse to zero-width behavior to collapse onto the left edge.
So I decided to place an
*origin anchor on the right edge of my marks as per this thread:
This ensures that the mark collapses onto the right edge which allows the mark to work in environments where ‘mark’/‘mkmk’ is not supported.
*origin anchor interferes with automatic ‘mark’ feature code generation. This is what HarfBuzz and Core Text draw for
Whereas this is what Glyphs automatic alignment creates:
This issue seams to only arise when the base glyph is automatic aligned, as
/dotaccentcomb on top in the above example. If I delete
/odieresis from the font and draw
/o/dieresiscomb/dotaccentcomb I get the correct result in HarfBuzz/Core Text:
Here is my test-file: Test.glyphs (7.5 KB)
This issue also applies when using an
*origin anchor to construct non-mark glyphs. Say I have a glyph
/_part.aArc for the top-curve of
/a and place an
*origin anchor in the bottom right of the curve.
/adieresis is a component glyph which uses
/dieresiscomb. All looks fine within Glyphs, but on export the
/adieresis is shifted.
Test-file: Test.glyphs (7.5 KB)
Can you send me a sample font?
Sample Glyphs files are provided at the end of both posts. OTF for both are attached here:
Test-1-and-2.zip (3.5 KB)
I forgot to mention that this is fixed already.
I just tested it with 3.0.2 (3046) and while
*origin now works to move combining marks to the left of the zero-width frame for legacy applications, such marks use the
*origin anchor exclusively instead of the designated top/bottom/… anchor for automatic alignment (with no anchor-menu).
EDIT: This is not an issue with the test fonts I posted above, only with the font I am currently working on. I will send you a test font once I can isolate the issue.
*origin anchor in the
/a arch (as mentioned in the other thread/second commend on this thread) works beautifully now, thank you very much!
This test file has the same problem as described above:
Test1.glyphs (7.5 KB)
This was one of the fixes I like most. Just remove some code.
Sounds great! Looking forward to the next cutting edge release.
Removing some code did indeed work
This issue has been resolved for me in 3.0.2 (3047).