Problem with undo command in full screen mode — Glyphs 3

Let’s say I have 1 Glyphs 3 project open in full screen and 1 other Glyphs 3 project that is not in full screen.

If I undo an action in the full-screen window, it will jump to the project that is not in full screen. If I press undo six times, it will bounce back and forth six times.

I know it sounds kind of crazy, but I would love a fix for this.

macOS Catalina

I experience this, too. Also happens if no window is in fullscreen, just on separate displays.

1 Like

Exactly!

Hi Guys, same here, when I hit command + z to undo, it triggers control arrow as well and slides to other open tabs of different glyphs projects. Sliding back however, the undo operation is performed as well.

Yeah. I’ve honestly stopped using Glyphs 3 altogether. Aside from this, it’s extremely laggy, and it just has too many bugs to deal with. I’ve gone back to Glyphs 2 for the meantime.

Any update on this?

I never could reproduce this. I have no idea what the problem could be.

The lagginess is most likely caused by plugins. The python 3 runtime seems to be take longer to call functions in plugins. Can you try to start Glyphs 3 without plugins (hold down Option and Shift when you start the app) and see if it still slow? If it is faster disable the plugins one by one to maybe find the one that is the slowest and we can try to optimize it.

I am currently experiencing this same issue (the flicking between windows when using undo/cmd+z). As mentioned above, undo works, but flicks me over to another glyphs file that I have open and I manually have to swipe back over to the one I am working on.

Was any solution found for this?

Do you have the different document in different Spaces?

I’m struggling with the same issue (3068 + OS 10.14.6). It only occurs, if I use different documents in different spaces (independent of full screen mode or not). Undo/redo works but leads to flipping to the next/previous space and I have to swipe back manually.

I tested some set ups:

2 files/2 spaces:
Un/redo in space 1 > flipping to space 2.
Un/redo in space 2 > all fine.

3 files/3 spaces:
Un/redo in space 1 > flipping forward to space 2.
Un/redo in space 3 > flipping back to space 2.
Un/redo in the middle space > all fine.

4 files/4 spaces:
Un/redo in space 1 > flipping to space 4, which becomes space 2.
Same for the following spaces: each time the last space is changing its position to the next following in the row. Here the last space is the one that behaves ok.

Meanwhile it only switches the space once and is no longer flipping several times per one action, which is already a little soothing, but I really hope you can fix this in the nearer future!

What is your current setting in System Preferences > Mission control > Automatically rearrange Space?

No difference whether the first point is active or inactive.

Is there any update on this issue? Has been the case for me for some time now.

Same issue

Hi everyone.
Any update on this issue? I’ve been having this same issue for a while now.
Thanks.

That is fixed in the latest cutting edge version.

Hey there, any updates on this?
I’'m up to date with the latest version (3.0.2 (3058)) and on OS 11.0.1. and still experiencing this.

Try the latest beta please. Go to Glyphs > Preferences > Updates, activate both checkboxes and press the Update button.

1 Like

I’m on version 3.1.2 (3151) and still facing this issue, regardless of whether the app is in fullscreen mode. I’ve got two plugins installed: SF Symbol Template and Speed Punk.

Try the latest beta please. Go to Glyphs > Preferences > Updates, activate both checkboxes and press the Update button.