Proplem With Arabic Mark

When a table is created ccmp are not taken to insert these cods Automatic but by activating the option of manual input I Annexed a picture showing formations in the Arabic language with the same names used by the program

Another problem is when you enter the names of the following marks through keyboard :

shaddaFathatan-ar
shaddaDammatan-ar
shaddaKasratan-ar
shaddaKasra-ar
shaddaDamma-ar
shaddaFatha-ar

These names show

shadda_fathatan-ar
shadda_dammatan-ar
shadda_kasratan-ar
shadda_kasra-ar
shadda_damma-ar
shadda_fatha-ar

This error is by the nature of the work software application Glyphs
And also can not add Anchors only by manual option There is another error with Anchors in this mark
shaddaAlef-ar
They do not appear this way
top and _top

The ccmp feature is not very smart in finding all possible combination. The plan is to improve if I get some feedback.

Because the combined marks are used quite differently by different designers, you might need to write your own ccmp code. If you could share it, I might be able to build a more general solution.

The names with the underscores are made on purpose. This should help the generation of the ccmp feature. The combining mark glyphs are a build from two encoded glyphs and this is similar to how ligatures work. So the names is build the same way as for ligatures.

In Arabic there are too many marks
But I brought for you the basic marks and these marks do not work in Arabic only on this, as mentioned in the previous model and it can not operate a different

There is an optional things in design, but this is mainly in Arabic language and no one arab disagrees on this matter

It would be great if you send me a list of all marks that you have in your font.

In order to make it in proper way,
These glyphs currntly in the Components other should appear in the Components Letter instead.

dotlessbeh-ar
dotlessbeh-ar.fina
dotlessbeh-ar.init
dotlessbeh-ar.medi
dotlessfeh-ar
dotlessqaf-ar
dotlessfeh-ar.fina
dotlessqaf-ar.fina
dotlessfeh-ar.init
dotlessfeh-ar.medi
noonghunna-ar
noonghunna-ar.fina
dotlesskaf-ar
dotlesskaf-ar.fina
alefSmall-ar
alefSmall-ar.fina

And here is an examples in use in arabic font

In the picture, these dots should appears in the Components Mark menu instead of Components Letter or Other

Here is all the available marks in my Font and where it should be appear in the Mark menu

damma-ar
dammatan-ar
fatha-ar
fathatan-ar
hamzaabove-ar
hamzabelow-ar
kasra-ar
kasratan-ar
madda-ar
shadda-ar
shaddaDamma-ar
shaddaDammatan-ar
shaddaFatha-ar
shaddaFathatan-ar
shaddaKasra-ar
shaddaKasratan-ar
subscriptalef-ar
sukun-ar
superscriptalef-ar
shaddaAlef-ar

Two days before a my response and I did not find any comment on the subject!!
Do you want to confine you to all marks Arabic?
I can do this because this is my work
I can give you examples of their uses, do not be afraid I will not ask money for it

Sorry for not answering. I was quite busy with other things. I will come back to this, soon.

I’m waiting you Mr. George

I don’t know what is the problem here! This web page saved in my favorites, yet most of reply are short in answer,or reply without answers!

I moved the post to an Arabian forum for spelling check and they understand the idea despite the sentences errors!

Please have some patience. I’m working on it and will soon come back to you.

Finally I managed to come back to this. Here what I have so far.

A few things:
With “Mark menu” and “in the Components Mark menu instead of Components Letter or Other” do you mean the sidebar in the font view?

I fixed the decomposition of qaf-ar.init and qaf-ar.medi (to use the dotlessfeh) and cleand up the sidebar a bit further.

The entries in the sidebar of the font view are not functional relevant. The title of the group does not mean anything. We put the glyphs in there to be convenient for the user.

I improved the generation of the ccmp feature a bit.

Do you really think it is a good idea to substitute a double fatha with a fathatan? I did not find this in any other font.

With “Mark menu” and “in the Components Mark menu instead of Components Letter or Other” do you mean the sidebar in the font view?
Yes, I mean

I fixed the decomposition of qaf-ar.init and qaf-ar.medi (to use the dotlessfeh) and cleand up the sidebar a bit further.
There is no different between
qaf-ar.init qaf-ar.medi and feh-ar.init feh-ar.medi in Arabic grammers, it is a matter of marks, and who wants to break this rule he can design it differently away from dotless.

The entries in the sidebar of the font view are not functional relevant. The title of the group does not mean anything. We put the glyphs in there to be convenient for the user.
But Arabic language has a lot of glyphs and marks, and the search among it seems like the serach for needle in a haystack. Good index will save the time.

I improved the generation of the ccmp feature a bit.
Thank you

Do you really think it is a good idea to substitute a double fatha with a fathatan? I did not find this in any other font.
I wish if i could make it more easier language than what it is, but there is constant grammers we should accept it. Try to use an Arabic font from Adobe, you’ll find that same aspects from figure one apply here.
Marks in Arabic language divided into two groups: Basic marks appears in Figure one, the same you’ll find in Adobe fonts.
The other group used in Qura’an the Holy book, thus adobe didn’t add it in all of adobe font, and i didn’t add it in Figure one too.
If you want an assistance from me to collect all marks in one group, it would be my pleasure.
Always use adobe and lucasfonts as your references for the Arabic font, And never use Mac’s default font as reference for Arabic font, because it is a font with changes to be work with Apple code font AAT, changes done by a company called Diwan, if i have chance i’ll kick it out of the OS. If you can help me to replace it with another default font for Glyphs i would appreciated.

Take a look on this sample Mr. Georg, this technique used in several types of modern Arabic fonts, and basically used in lucasfont, this technique has nothing to do with Arabic grammars! The attached sample explain the different between the technique and the Arabic grammars.
I know it hard to add this technique to glyphs , but this is what we do with modern fonts.

I will meet with the guy from LucasFonts again to properly fix this. Thanks for your very helpful explanations.

You can combine the selection from the Categories and the Languages sections. So you can select Mark and Arabic to get only the arabic marks. This should help finding the right glyphs.

Georg Seifert
Dear Mr. Siefert,
I am a graphic designer who knows very well about typography geeks, I have a very reliable person from Lebanon whom you can rely on: Pascal Zoghbi who won many international awards for fonts: his address and Tel number are on this page:

http://www.29arabicletters.com/profile/

for more informations about accents in all arabic letters please consult him.

Like this you will have a Saudi Arabian designer and a Lebanese designer opinions to cross over with data and to compare, an additional thing to tell you: don’t forget that arabic type is among the most diverse glyphs in the typography world.

soundofnature
Spam

Georg Seifert
Thank you, Mr. Georg on this and I wish that I have explained to you some of the things that may contribute to the development glyphsapp on the Arab side

I wish that does not care for some of the responses that aim to highlight some Arab personalities!

Can you tell me Mr. Georg How can I get the latest version of the application I’ve purchased the application from app store, but I find the beta version used by the now much better than in the app Store

Can you send me a email to: info [at] this domain?

iSkyFalConS
Dear Mr. iSkyFalConS,
Good morning, pleased to meet you, first I am not a spam, second you don’t know me personally as I don’t know you, third, why are you feeling insulted, if I give Mr. Siefert, the name of a very successful person in Type Design from my country doesn’t mean that you aren’t successful in your country too, Jordan (as I have seen your website again), under the flag of respect and loyalty to the designers world, I always find it better to gather full information from many geographical points of the world to clarify and clean the Data given by everyone for the sole purpose of having a successful Application that serves us on the International Market… unless you aren’t Ok with this concept named: CONTRIBUTION…
Suit yourself.

Sincerely,
soundofnature

soundofnature
Are we developing a new language to ask for others contribution efforts?!
Instead of useless reply, I suggest you to read the topic again, you’ll see that im talking about GRAMMARS beside the mechanism of Glyphs in dealing with languages.
Arabic is not a cake for sharing among people. And since you living in the mediterranean region and know nobody but pascal zoghbi, therefor advice you to read the history of Arabic font, it is better than involving yourself in matters that need you to clarified first from the others.