Today, we have an update for the Font Remix Tools – with support for Glyphs 3!
If you already have a licence, you can get the update for free at https://remix-tools.com/glyphsapp/update/full
For the updated demo version, just visit https://remix-tools.com/glyphsapp/try
Note: You can install RMX for Glyphs 2 and RMX for Glyphs 3 side-by-side, as each version of Glyphs has its own Plugins folder. Copying the file manually into the folder will not work as macOS will not trust the plug-in. Just drag the RMX.glyphsFilter file onto the icon in the dock, and make sure you install the right RMX version that matches the Glyphs version. Finally, don’t forget to re-start Glyphs!
Other than working smoothly in Glyphs 3, the latest version of RMX has a bunch of other improvements:
- Better support for files with a great number of masters.
- Support for multi-dimensional brace layers.
- Improved accuracy when changing the width of italics.
- Fixed handling of nested components.
- Non-master layers are no longer removed from scaled glyphs.
- The RMX Harmonizer is now even more stable with complex Bézier curve structures.
- The RMX Scaler now always scales the sidebearings, the gear menu option has gone.
- Many smaller fixes