RMX for Glyphs 3

Would you mind sending me the file? I have a feeling something funny is recently going on with the sources “remembered” by the glyphs (although I haven’t changed that part of the code recently).

Regarding the Tuner shortcut, I noticed that as well. That’s only in Glyphs 3. RMX doesn’t do anything differently there for the Tuner, maybe there is a hard-coded shortcut for Cmd+Shift+T in Glyphs 3 (@GeorgSeifert)?

1 Like

My problem is on Glyphs 3, sorry, I forgot to mention it. Sent You the file.

Thanks for sending the file. Could you tell me which glyphs you were trying to generate with the Scaler?

the .sc files I did one by one, the .numr happened that problem (this file that I sent you is an old file that I’m working on it to make a new one. The “red” glyphs are old glyphs). I realized that if I delete the vectors, instead of just running Scaler over the old design, it works fine.

First of all, thank you for these terrific tools; they’re vital to my workflow these days.

Second: any word on the new tool to replace Scaler/Monospacer? I’m working on a very large family with 32 masters, hopefully to be launched in September, and I’m wondering whether I can use Monospacer on the tabular glyphs.

Sorry, I can’t promise anything. It might be this summer or autumn.
Are you sure 32 are necessary? I’m somewhat surprised. Glyphs allows for any set-up of masters – I’d try to set up as few masters as possibly, only what is necessary to formulate the design(s). You need only one master more than the number of axes (although in practice, it may be a couple more).

Thanks, Tim. I look forward to the new tool whenever it arrives.

Believe me, I’m trying to do with as few masters as possible. But there will be eight widths from ultra-compressed to ultra-wide and eight weights from hairline to black, and upright, italic, and contra-italic forms of each style. When I use fewer weights, I’m not happy with the results.