RMX for Glyphs 3

TimAhrens I can only find 2 of 4 RMX tools in my menu (the missing 2 are also not available by using the shortcuts). Is there anything I’m missing? Thanks!

FYI: This is a problem since I first used Glyphs 3. No update of either Glyphs nor RMX has changed the situation.

Same (missing tools in Filter menu) experienced a short while ago (3081). Restart fixed.

A restart didn’t fix it for me.

This is very strange. Are you using RMX version 1.1.13?

Hi @TimAhrens, I’ve just installed the latest version of the RMX Tool.
I am using the latest version of Glyphs 3 on a MacBook pro - M1 Big Sur.

The tuner is not working, I’ve tried to upload the plugin and restart but nothing happens.
There is something that I am missing?

Thank you in advance

Hi Claudia, what exactly does it mean, nothing happens?

No, not really! Should I try to reinstall everything again?

Hi Claudia, what exactly is the problem?

• Do you mean, the RMX Tuner does not show in the Filter menu?
  • Or, do you mean, the RMX Tuner is in the menu but the dialog does not show up if you select RMX Tuner in the Filter menu?
  • Or, do you mean, the RMX Tuner dialog shows up but nothing happens when changing the values, or after pressing the Tuner button?

Also, did you install RMX by dragging the RMX.glyphsFilter from the folder RMX 1.1.13 for Glyphs 3 onto the Glyphs icon on the dock?

Hi Tim,

Thank for the prompty reply and sorry, I’ll be more precise.
The RMX Tuner dialog shows up but nothing happens when I change the value and I can not find the plugin in the plugin folder.

I installed the RMX, by dragging it from the folder to the doc.

Do you have a proper multiple master setup?

Hi Georg, the masters are set properly, interpolation works.

I’ve reinstalled Glyphs 3, installed again the plugin and now after a couple of crash everything seem to works fine.

Thank you both

Sometimes computers are a bit funny. Glad it works now!

Hi Tim & co.
I have had an issue with RMX ever since I started using it on Glyphs 3. At least I think this is when it started.
When I use the harmonize tool on a curve either it will be affected or not. This is however not the important part. Other curves in the same glyph will be affected, and not in a good way. The beziers will move in one direction. And when applying the harmonizer again, the beziers will be in even worse shape. Kind of how Fit Curve can sometimes mess up a curve that isn’t 90°.
Has this been reported by anyone else? Thanks!

sounds like kinks or tiny segments in your glyph

Could you post some images to explain the problem? It’s a bit difficult to imagine what is going on.

Hi Tim,

Of course. I should have done that right away, but I figured this could have been a known problem.
Here is a video. So I am trying to harmonize a random segment, but look at the unselected curve in the middle of the screen when I apply the tool.

Thanks!

I can confirm this bug. Sorry, I’ll fix this.
Thanks for posting!

1 Like

Great news, Tim! How do I make sure I have the latest version (with the fix)? Thanks!

Sorry, it will be a another few weeks until I find the time to implement the fix. I’m wrapping up another very big project (type design tool!) at the moment.

You can always find the latest version of RMX at remix-tools.com/glyphsapp/update/full

If you are using version 1.1.8 or later in Glyphs 3, you should receive a pop-up notification once the update is available.

@TimAhrens RMX Scaler is not working properly, when I select one ore more Glyphs, it takes as source always Aogonek, nine or zero. (this example should be .numr)

[and a minor bug, not sure if is a Glyphs or Rmx bug, but RMX Tuner shortcut is not working and if i put it manually, when I restart Glyphs, the shortcut desapears again.]