Touche & Word-o-mat

Hello guys,

Just tried installing these lovely plugins by Nina Stoessinger, but cannot seem to find them anywhere in the menus. Maybe I am looking at it the wrong way. On the other hand the plugins show as active in the Addons tab.

*I have installed objectGS & GSpen in Scripts folder

It should show up in the edit menu.

I checked all menus, but I would expect it to be in Filter or even in Scripts.

I have another question, but don’t want to start a new thread. When you have made several instances of a glyph. and you want to preview them wouldn’t it be nice to be able to use the arrows(Up/Down) to navigate through your instances? Right now you have to click on each, since the app doesn’t select the Layers panel. Or maybe there is a shortcut to go a step down/up in Layers panel that I am unaware of.

There are scripts for exactly that in my GitHub repository: Show next instance.py and
Show previous instance.py in the Masters subfolder. You can set shortcuts (I use Ctrl-up/down) in System Preferences.

1 Like

the Layer panel only shows masters and not instances.
You can preview instances in the preview view below the edit view.

@mekkablue - I have the the scripts you mentioned, but never used them so far. They are very handy in going through prev/next instance. Thanks.

@Georg - You are right, I incorrectly used the term “instance”. I was talking about making different copies of your glyphs (for when you are trying out different design options) and going through them quickly. Much like the script Erich posted, but for the Layers panel.

I know that these scripts are for Robofont.

ET

I ported the wordomat plugin to run in Glyphs.

Georg, can I download it? where?

Thanks,
ET

Thanks G !

This is what my Edit menu shows.

can you check the Macro window? There should be some output.
You need to have robofab installed. You can do that in the Modules tab in Preferences. please update to the latest cutting edge versions as it installs the wrapper script, too.

Can’t say I haven’t. The smart install in Modules was a nice idea and I did it first thing when installed Glyphs. In the past I have installed Robofab on a PC and I remember that the process was more complicated. I figured that is somehow covered by clicking Install Modules.

Here is the macro message:

class WordOMat(NSObject, GlyphsPlugin):
TypeError: Error when calling the metaclass bases
class WordOMat does not fully implement protocol GlyphsToolEvent: no implementation for addMenuItemsForEvent:toMenu:

I’m trying to install Touche, but I have the same issue. Here the console log.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/guidoferreyra/Library/Application Support/Glyphs/Plugins/Touche.glyphsPlugin/Contents/Resources/__boot__.py", line 47, in <module>
    _run('TouchePlugin.py')
  File "/Users/guidoferreyra/Library/Application Support/Glyphs/Plugins/Touche.glyphsPlugin/Contents/Resources/__boot__.py", line 45, in _run
    execfile(path, globals(), globals())
  File "/Users/guidoferreyra/Library/Application Support/Glyphs/Plugins/Touche.glyphsPlugin/Contents/Resources/TouchePlugin.py", line 21, in <module>
    class TouchePlugin ( NSObject, GlyphsPluginProtocol ):
TypeError: Error when calling the metaclass bases
    class TouchePlugin does not fully implement protocol GlyphsToolEvent: no implementation for addMenuItemsForEvent:toMenu:a

What version of Glyph do you have?

I have 2.2.1 (819)

Now I’m on the last cutting edge version, same console log.

I can reproduce it but don’t have a clue why it’s happening, yet.

Oh : ( thanks anyway. It’s a complex script for a newbie like me? Maybe, I could try to recreate it as a script that outputs to glyph names to the console or something similar.