Glyphs 2.3 Collected Issues

854 is super slow and laggy when the glyphs file has a dozen of tabs open.

Also it takes ages to open a glyphs file with a bunch of tabs containing quite longer strings of texts.

Adjusting side-bearings using arrows at the glyph info panel seems to stop at minimum -1 (or -10 using shift+arrow key). When the side-bearing is less than that, using arrows changes the value back to -1 as well. Positive side-bearings seems to work fine though. Glyphs 2.3b (856).

Is the Preview area or window on? Recalculating all the instances for many or all glyphs is processor-intensive.

components are disappearing in preview panel and non-active glyphs when I’m using ShowFilledPreview.glyphsReporter plugin

PS. now everything is ok (after restarting glyphs). odd

PS 2. again: components are disappeared after retyping words in active window

Make sure you have the latest versions of all plugins you use. Many have been updated for 2.3b

Please can we turn off smart quote replacement in the Macro view? It’s infuriating to type "a" and have it autocorrected to “a”.

1 Like

That is disabled but the system though it would be a good idea to turn it on. Right click in the macro window and disable it in ‘Substitutions’.

I think you have to review this thing

@jpdegregorio Can you send us that .glyphs oil to support (at) (this website without www), please? Thank you.

Your master settings are not correct. The Thin master is set to Weight=5 and the corresponding instance to Weight=4. That causes an extrapolation and the thinner strokes.

1 Like

Thanks
:smile:

I’m using v2.3b (856) and thought I’d make avail of the Notes feature. I wrote a dozen lines of text for me to refer to. I then saved and closed the glyphs file, only to open it again later in the same day and the notes are gone. Nothing.

Also, for the last few versions, any component switch in a background layer causes a guaranteed crash. OSX El Capitan 10.11.3

What do you mean by component switch? Can you make a screencast showing what you do?

Hi
There is some problem with the last update (868). New saved glyphs files don’t open and files saved a week ago are opening without a problem.

Wow, that was quick. It works. Thanks a lot! :slight_smile:

CopyPasting a CP »Family Alignment Zones« crashes Glyphs 100%

Fixed it.

There is some problem with the new beta — it just doesn’t respond after the second save try

I’ve the same issue. I created new document and few shapes in glyph ‘a’. Then I tried to save it. It doesn’t respond.
I deleted ‘plugins’ and ‘scripts’ folders.

@GeorgSeifert: That’s the way to reproduce the hang on save I reported. I sent a follow-up email with similar steps to reproduce the issue. fyi.