Glyphs 2.3 Collected Issues

I am also experienced lockups after the second save, but not consistently.

Crash on save is not related to the number of saves. It can also happen on the first save. I’ve lost enough work to say 892 is unusable.

I second that

I just upload a new version. I hope the saving is safe Now.

I just spent an hour with 894. It seems to be the best version of 2.3 so far. Doesn’t crash, everything I’ve tried works as intended.

1 Like

Worked all day with 894, no problems at all =D \o/ :sunglasses:

When I reopen Glyphs, the preview windows insist on being slightly fuzzy and sometimes really tall as well, even if I change that and save before quitting. There seems to be something wrong with how Glyphs remembers those settings.

Example, before quitting:

Upon reopening:

@GeorgSeifert I just changed vertical metrics(ascender, cap hight etc) and aligment zones in the Font Info, but putting new values doesn’t affect the change in the edit window.

My version of the app: 2.3b(894)

To get rid of the blur and the preview size, open one font with one tab, set is as you like and then close the window and maybe even restart Glyphs.

Does it update when you switch back to the main window?

Does it update when you switch back to the main window?

unfortunately no

And you See looking at the same master? Does it update when you save, close and reopen the file?

I tried everything: reopening, coping file, then opening copied file, closing application etc. I have only one master.

Now everything works. I don’t know why. In the meanwhile I restarted mac, maybe it helped.

In 894, when rendering the mark clouds, it seems commas and periods appear more or less randomly at the beginning or end of glyphs. I have no idea why though.

It is not happening to me. Do you perhaps have outlines copied onto some of your marks?

I checked and I didn’t find any. I also checked for misplaced anchors and I wondered if there was something in my custom glyph data that could interfere with it but I couldn’t find anything. I can send the file if needed.
This is low priority anyway.

What does your commaaccentcomb look like? And where is the bottom anchor of the n?

It looks like this:

The anchors are respectively named _bottom and bottom. The component is the comma and there is no other anchors inherited from it.

What does the mark cloud look like if you decompose the comma component in the comma accent?