Glyphs 2 Beta

For those experiencing crashes, you can downgrade to the old version 2.0.0 (689), you should find it in the Trash (modification date 29 January). In case you emptied the Trash already, you can redownload v.689 from here: http://glyphsapp.com/updates/Glyphs2.0.0-689.zip

í î ï ì is not working when making component glyphs.

I uploaded an update that fixes the crash.

Still no go. Not with a restart or with version 689. Can it be a license issue?

Select your dotlessi and choose Glyph > Update Glyph Info. It should be renamed to idotless, which is the expected name for the base component in i diacritics in Glyphs 2.

Amazing all the improvements on the devanagari automatic OT features added in the latest version of Glyphs 2.

Here is a thread in which I have written some of my conclusion about how is working the automatic OT Features of Glyphs 2. Please see specially my second comment instead of the first. The second is about the current Glyph 2 Beta.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/googlefontdirectory-discuss/NQGU6nZgtmA

Great work guys!

Amazing all the improvements on the devanagari automatic OT features added in the latest version of Glyphs 2.

Is there a list of them somewhere?

The latest changes where mostly about iMatra and candraBindu combinations.

Sometimes the glyphs that are master compatible show up as non compatible and when I do “Show Master Compatibility”, extra shapes show up where there aren’t. Closing and re-opening the file solves it.

The operation I was doing was adding extra points to shapes. I did this across all masters and checked the same number of nodes existed and that all the shapes had the same starting node, still showed as incompatible.

oneweioranother, Can you send me a screenshot of the extra shapes?

Here you go: One and Two

Note shape/point #4 in the light master which doesn’t exist in the bold master (nor does anything show up in the outline for light master either).

Another issue: When I revert a file, any text that is not unicode encoded disappears from the tabs.

Lastly on measurements, it would be handy to have an angle indicator in the “info panel” when two points are selected.

Amnother

What is the reason for renaming /dotlessi, yet not /dotlessj?
Both are renamed. Do you have a custom glyphData that might has the old name?
Probably. Thanks.

Two suggestions:

A. Considering that Glyphs is growing popularity in South America, could Glyphs have full support for Guaraní? I recommend to support the not unicode supported [G|g]+tilde. My suggestion is to name both glyphs following the ligature syntax:

G_tilde.loclGUA
g_tilde.loclGUA

So, will be great if the automatic feature generator could generate the following line on locl:

languageGUA;
sub G [tilde acsiitilde] by G_tilde.loclGUA;
sub g [tilde acsiitilde] by g_tilde.loclGUA;

B. When you have _topright and _top anchors in a mark glyph (acute , grave or hookabovecomb for example), glyphs with two or more marks eventually are taking by default the _topright anchor instead of the _top. So when you generate glyphs like:

odieresisacute
odieresisgrave
ohornacute
ohorngrave
ohornhookabove

You need to adjust the anchor of the second mark to _top.

Another issue with Vietnamese occur in glyphs with dotbelowcomb as a second mark, Glyphs is placing the dotbelowcomb as the first mark, and this is causing a misplacement on the glyphs. The error is fixed changing the order of those marks, putting the dotbelowcomb as the second (instead of the first) mark. Check the image attached, Left is the correct and right is how Glyphs is generating this glyph.

You are doing a amazing job with the software and all the support.

Thanks,

Nicolas

I can add the Guaraní code.

What version do you use?

Can you send me a font that has the double accents going wrong?

Version 2.0.0 (692)

Thanks Georg

Georg Seifert
Could you give me your email?

Georg Seifert
Here is the.glyphs from where I took the snapshots

The problem is that anchors from within the components are respected. If you decompose the dotbelow and delete the top anchor in it, then it will work. If you like to use components for both, use a third glyph, that has no anchors, for both dot below and dot above.

if a component can attach to two different anchors, there will be a anchor symbol in the info box. Click it to choose the anchor.