Glyphs 2 Beta

I dont understand. what is the difference between Yodyod and doubleYod?

It is the same unicode glyph and I suppose it shouldnā€™t be showing twice, Further to that when using as a component it cause a confusion.

Regarding the 1st note of Disappearing glyphs (in Right -to-Left typesetting Preview) after applying ā€œUse as Masterā€ on a layer ā€¦ this is not related to a languageā€¦ you may check it with Latin also.

can you show a screenshot?

I just updated the last version. I changed some settings (color of angles) in the preferences, and now it crashes as soon as I touch a nodeā€¦

Screenshot-YodYod
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3f8sHnaNba9cFZORUc5bGZJWXM/view?usp=sharing

This PDF demonstrates other ā€œYodā€ cases:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3f8sHnaNba9UUNQT2MyQVMtYms/view?usp=sharing

Fonthausen
Can you delete the prefs and try again?

What I can try, is to reinstall. I had to continue and I used Time Machine to use the old version.

Wait 5 min.

Looks that it might have worked.

If you want to trace it back:
Before it crashed last time, I tried to check out if the selection color had become independent of the OS marking color. So I switched a few times back and forth between system prefs and G2. Then I change the setting of the color of angles. Then booomā€¦

Mmmh. Crashed againā€¦

Now I did not try to change any settings.

OS 10.9.5

Where did you get the doubleyod-hb from? yodyodpatah-hb should be build from yodyod-hb + patah-hb. And sometimes, the automatic components are meant as a starting point. You can decompose them to change the outlines.

Fixed it. Please get the update.

I figured it out ... I used the Unicode name Yiddish Double Yod of 05F2 where the Glyphsapp built-in name is YodYod !
if you don't know the correct name, put the actual glyph in the name field (by typing on the keyboard) or use the uniXXXX name. Both will be converted to the correct name.

OK thanks
BTW, I just updated to V. 696
A big like for the new glyph window UI controls :wink:

I just installed 696 and it looks nice ! Thanks

Is there anybody experiencing crashes with Remove Overlap filter ?!

Now it seems a bug (V. 696) ; also the Overlap button of the toolbox results a crash like the Overlap filter.

I fixed that crash. Will update soon.

Could we perhaps have an option for a floating palette, just like in Glyphs 1? Also there is a small bug in the tabs when there is too much text, the x overlaps the text. Nothing serious, just saw it today.